Monday, August 6, 2012

EduBloggers

            So the edublogger I looked at was Mr. Benson, an eight grade teacher at Marietai Beach school. His blog seemed sort of opinionated, but had ideas that I agreed with mostly. The ideas were logical and interesting as were the graphics that he used. http://mbschool6.blogspot.co.nz/ that is the edublog link. I decided to look outside the box of recommended edubloggers provided by the instructors to see what more mediocre edubloggers looked like, as I do not see myself being one who would get his blog referenced to have students look at.
            I also looked at http://writeoutloud.edublogs.org/ this blog seemed to be focused on connecting with the students. I mean, what student would not be interested in "Tree Houses Harry Potter Would Love"? Though certainly less educational it is a good way to interact with your students and let them know that you too are human.
            These edublogs were interesting. They show students that you are human, and you can really have fun with them. Teachers may use these to post ideas about class and expand students knowledge in a unique interesting way. I think that these blogs are just another example of being creative with technology and trying to reach your students.

1 comment:

  1. Matt,
    thank you for your comments. We are continually looking to improve our eLearning at school. The blog has been used by the students as a place for presenting and promoting their current thoughts and ideas about the world around them. Due to these reasons we encourage our students to be critical of things they have learnt. This links particularly well with our focus on persuasive writing.
    I am proud of the way our students actively use the blog and am also proud of the progress we have made thus far. I continually look for feedback so I can improve the blog based on people's comments. Please check our blog regularly for more updates and showcasing of student learning.

    ReplyDelete